UESTC has two libraries: one in Shahe Campus and another in Qingshuihe Campus, covering a total area of 66,974 square meters. The libraries are equipped with 5200 readers' seats and 108 reading and studying rooms. The library in Shahe was built in 1956, covering an area of 14,974 square meters, with Reading Department as its main service window. The library in Qingshuihe is located in the center of the campus and was built and put into use in June, 2009, covering an area of more than 52,000 square meters, which is the main library in use. The main building of library in Qingshuihe is an octagon reading building, with business office building and lecture halls adjacent to each other. The library enjoys a favorable environment, with time square right in front of it, wetland park and living water lakes not far from it and large forest park behind it.
There are eight departments and one office in the library: Department of Academic Services, Multimedia Center, Department of Digital Resources, Editorial Department, Department of System Technology, Consulting Department, Circulation Department and General Office. It has 82 staff. In recent years, through various kinds of vocational training, the educational background of the staff has been dramatically promoted. There are 13 vice-senior and senior professionals and15 junior professionals. 73% of the staff have college diplomas or graduate diplomas and two are working for the doctor's degree.