MISSION AND GOALS OF NTERNATIONAL STUDENT UNION (ISU)published: 2012-09-18 11:47:47 hits:
MISSION AND GOALS OF NTERNATIONAL STUDENT UNION (ISU) UNIVERSITY OF ELECTRONICS SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF CHINA (UESTC)
International Student Union (ISU) of the University of Electronic Science and Technology of china (UESTC) is a Union dedicated to the service of UESTC International Students and the enhancement of the educational, social and cultural environment on the University campus. The mission is as follows:
1. Effective Representation- Our role as representing the International student union executives makes it unique. Our aim is to focus on representing the views and needs of our members as widely and effectively;
2. Planning and implementing variety of activities to meet the diverse needs of the student body and encourage student interaction inside and outside the lecture hall (classroom);
3. Engagement and participation – Periodic engagement of members to ensure fellow feeling and strong participation in all students’ activities;
4. Provision and developing diverse activities – Executives will structure extra-curriculum activities of interest to our ever increasing diverse members. This will include areas of sports, art, culture, education, volunteering and overall celebration of our multi-cultural organizations.
5. Partnership – We will seek to strengthen our relationships with the teaching and non-teaching staff, the International Education office of UESTC for the progress of the ISU.
1. Integrity – We value the personal commitment to honesty and truth that is reflected in each member’s words and deeds;
2. Diversity – We value an open exchange of ideas while respecting each individual regardless of gender, race, creed, age, national origin, physical ability;
3. Teamwork – We will work together toward common goals as mutually dependent team players. Encouraging individual social responsibility in all aspects of endeavours.
4. Passion --Passionate about students’ rights and academic development.
The ISU will do what it takes to work toward improving our members’ academic experiences in a number of ways:
1. To speak to students about their courses, assessments and provide adequate feedback;
2. To work harmoniously with the UESTC staff, International Education Office and other standing committees;
3. To ensure that the Academic Representative represents the international students adequately and speaks on issues at all UESTC academic forums.